What’s Under the Hat?

Kyle Higgins Anthony Lyons working on Under the Hat

Everybody get ready for some more scary goodness brought to you by the good folks over at HHTV, because HH’s own news-magazine show, Under the Hat, is making its return. This year’s Halloween show, titled Under the Witch’s Hat, will be a mix of the tone and spooky nature of HHTV’s previous Halloween specials and the already established format of the show.

Alex Angelopoulos and HHTV club adviser Mr. Anderson working on Under the Hat

Some segments that will be included in Under the Witch’s Hat are as follows: the news brought to you by returning anchor Jaykob Parsons and first-timer Jillian Miller, a sports report from HHTV sports announcer Seth Polesuk, a new edition of To Watch or Not To Watch featuring Billy, the King of Cinema, and his new partner in crime the Friendly Neighborhood Film Nerd, yours truly, among many others. 

Nearly every single segment will be Halloween themed, such as an exploration into students’ scariest moments at school and even an all new live portion going over what people are wearing for the holiday. 

HHTV club adviser and English teacher Mr. Berchik, Jaykob Parsons and Anthony Lyons working on Under the Hat

As one could imagine, all of the students over at HHTV have been working around the clock trying to work on the show in time for when it airs. Whether it be from script writing in pre-production, recording interviews during production, or editing news packages for post-production, students have rarely had a dull moment. Co-anchor and news producer Jaykob Parsons said, “At times it was stressful, at others it was fun. Overall, it was a real interesting learning and creative experience.”

For those who cannot wait for the show to make its return, Under the Witch’s Hat will be airing on Halloween, with the aforementioned live segment debuting during 3A HATS. Future episodes of the show for season two will arrive during the second semester of this year in the form of Mr. Berchick’s TV Production II class. For more in the world of HHTV, stay tuned!