STUCO’s Feed-A-Friend Spreading Holiday Cheer

Student Council is continuing their annual Feed-A-Friend program, which has provided two months’ supply of food for more than 4,000 of our district’s students and their families in the thirteen years they’ve done it.

Last year, Student Council provided 60 families with food for an estimated 2 months. The goal for this year is 90 families.

This program was designed to provide relief for young people and their families and also for all to understand the value in aiding their fellow students and identifying that need for the rest of their lives, according to the Student Council website description written by Dave Thomas and Sue Ellen Thomas, former Student Council advisers and the founders of Feed-A-Friend.

Feed-A-Friend begins with the bag drop-off on Nov. 23. Student Council goes out in groups and delivers brown paper bags to all the houses in the district. The designated food drop-off days are during the weekend of  Dec. 7 and Dec. 8. 

“Feed-A-Friend is by far the most rewarding activity I am apart of.  Our community’s contributions to lend a helping hand during the holiday season to our very own neighbors is the definition of ‘Hatter pride.’  It truly makes a difference in our township, and it is something I am grateful I can play a profound role in,” said senior leader Sheila Fisher.

Mr. Jim Greenberg, one of the Student Council advisers, said, “It is all about the kids. The Student Council does a great job.”