The Average Hat: Chloe Boer

Welcome, Hatters, to the first Hat Chat issue of Student Spotlight! This is a new series where we highlight students randomly picked from the student body to showcase how impressive and diverse our student body is. 

We start out this week with freshman Chloe Boer, who has been in the school district since first grade. 

Q: What’s your daily schedule like? What do you do after school?

A: Right now, my schedule is pretty busy with finals coming up and the semester ending, but usually I go to school then come home. From there, I get some homework and studying done before going back to the high school for cheer practice. After that, I get to spend some time with my family before finishing up my homework and getting ready for the next day.

Q: When did you get into cheer? When do you practice? Is the season all year round? Do you cheer inside or out of school?

A: I got into cheer in seventh grade at KV. We practice Monday through Friday after school unless schedules change. 

Q: What clubs/in-school activities are you involved with?

A: In school I am in HH Mini-THON, Key Club, Helping Little Hands and Science Club! After school I am a part of the cheer team.

Q: Do you have a job?

A: As of right now, I don’t have a job and don’t plan on starting one at least until this summer. With COVID and school, I don’t think it is the best idea for me to add another thing onto my schedule until things settle down and I have more time to focus on a job.

Q: What do you do in your free time?

A: In my free time, I am spending time with my family, especially my older sister, Brenna, playing piano, doing art or practicing for cheer.

Q: What piano piece do you like best? When did you start playing?

A: I don’t have a favorite piano piece at the moment but I enjoy playing classical pieces, and I started playing when I was in third grade.

Q: What kind of art do you make? What are you inspired by?

A: The type of art I make varies every day but I am often inspired by current issues or events going on in the world.

Q: What’s your favorite TV show?

A: As of right now, I am watching Manifest with my family and really like it so far.

Stay tuned for more Student Spotlights like this in the coming months!